Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've owned a relatively low mileage (65,000) for a few years now and finally got around to rebuilding the front suspension to rid me of the traditional knocks & clunks for these models (& why not just put a new clutch in whilst the sub-frame is down!). So, having purchased some 22mm SuperPro poly bushes for the anti-roll bar, it now transpires that the bar is in fact 24mm, measured using verniers and a more traditional thin piece of paper and PI. There is no doubt, it's 24mm. Now the forums are quite full of owners confirming that the standard 147 should have a 22mm standard bar, or occasionally a 23mm GTA bar, but 24mm never crops up and now I'm confused.

I've worked on a number of cars in my past and within reason, you can generally tell from the fastenings and other give away signs whether they've ever been tinkered with before, but this one seems absolutely straight from the factory.

I can still get 24mm SuperPro poly bushes so shouldn't be a problem, but my question is really whether in fact the 24mm bar has any detrimental effects and whether I should just purchase a standard 22mm bar and replace (obviously don't want to for financial reasons). Any thoughts / help gratefully accepted.

Thanks.

I should add that this is a 2003 TS, absolutely standard ....or so I thought.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I thought the Eibach bars were 24mm... Still I definitely wouldn't go putting a 22mm bar on, bigger bars are better (within reason...), just get the correct bushes and live a happy life.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Whereabouts did you measure the bar ? Cos its not the same width all over, it flares out in certain places (towards the end if I remember correctly), I made the mistake once of thinking I had a 24mm front bar, but it was actually the GTA/Ducati 23mm one, I d measured it where it flared.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts