Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just got my car back from mechanic today - was getting an injector seal replaced. He had told me when dropping the car off that I also had a small fuel leak and he would fix that.

Once I got it home I inspected the car and the fuel leak he pointed out to me still exists (I hadn't noticed it before) and it is now worrying me as I can see fuel slowing leaking as soon as I turn car on and am unsure if I should drive the car or not... I dont know how bad it was before.. (pics are attached)

Of course I will be talking it back to the garage but in Northern Ireland it is a public holiday tomorrow and most garages will not be open until Tuesday at the latest..

Any advice on what I should do or how I could fix myself?

Thanks,

David

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Your hose seems to be leaking. It's a cheap fix, go to halfords or any other car parts supplier and pick up the required length of hose and fit it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the hose just push on? Am I safe to just pull the existing one off? The mechanic today supposedly replaced this hose, told me it was fixed... am I ok to drive it until it gets fixed?

·
Registered
726 Posts
You may just need a hose clamp on it to make it tight if it has been replaced. I'd fix it before taking it on a long drive.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I had the exact same thing, new hose will not work.

Best thing to do is take the hose off and do replace it, however there is a brass screw/valve thing that goes into the engine block that may be loose. Take it off and clean it with a non-lint cloth, give the part of the engine where it fits in too a good wipe down and refit.

Should do the trick :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts