Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all there is something draining my battery overnight causing it to be flat in the morning, an auto electrician had a look at it and found the drain from the fusebox under the bonnet ,

the drain fluctuated from like 0.19 to like 1.02, at times it would even drop to 0.2 which is normal, (seems to be an intermittent fault)

when the F02 fuse is removed ( top right large orange fuse in fusebox under bonnet )
the drain stops so he says one minute let me find out what that fuse is for, he tells me it feeds the fusebox under the steering wheel inside the car,

does some more checking and says whatever it is draining it, it is not fused so it could be your ecu ( says they are known to have chips in what cause this )

only thing i can do is remove this fuse every time i park the car up and reinsert when i need to use it again, which is a real pain in the backside especially with having kids,

does anyone have any info on this kind of fault and how can i fix it

reccomendations anyone please

many thanks hope to hear from you guys soon ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all there is something draining my battery overnight causing it to be flat in the morning, an auto electrician had a look at it and found the drain from the fusebox under the bonnet ,

the drain fluctuated from like 0.19 to like 1.02, at times it would even drop to 0.2 which is normal, (seems to be an intermittent fault)

when the F02 fuse is removed ( top right large orange fuse in fusebox under bonnet )
the drain stops so he says one minute let me find out what that fuse is for, he tells me it feeds the fusebox under the steering wheel inside the car,

does some more checking and says whatever it is draining it, it is not fused so it could be your ecu ( says they are known to have chips in what cause this )

only thing i can do is remove this fuse every time i park the car up and reinsert when i need to use it again, which is a real pain in the backside especially with having kids,

does anyone have any info on this kind of fault and how can i fix it

reccomendations anyone please

many thanks hope to hear from you guys soon ;)

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Have a look at the rear light clusters in the dark and see if a bulb is faintly illuminated

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the reply, the o/s/r did stay on one time many months ago, i disconnected the plug to the o/s/r light unit, so my battery didnt go flat connected back up morning after and it didnt come back on,

that was approximatley 8 months ago and hasnt come on since, i have just checked the car now in the dark and there is no light on i have looked real close and it doesnt look dull either

·
Registered
2 Posts
147 1.6 tspark overnight battery drain

Hi all, I know that this thread hasnt been active for ages but the post about the rear light cluster, I have the same battery drain issue and have got a glow to one of the filliments in the rear light cluster which could be the cause, but why is it happening?? Any help would be great.
Thanks, Fiona

·
Registered
139 Posts
That can be the rev counter chip problem,
if your parking lights are on permanantly you need to change your Rev counter ( about 20 quid on ebay and 5 minute job if you stop for a coffee) saved me a £300 garage bill! any further info on this, PM me

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
That can be the rev counter chip problem,
if your parking lights are on permanantly you need to change your Rev counter ( about 20 quid on ebay and 5 minute job if you stop for a coffee) saved me a £300 garage bill! any further info on this, PM me
Don't think that applies to a 147 .....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts