Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have been running car today everything ok restsrted after an hour and motor system failure came on turned off and let for a while then i got same warning plus a side light wanrning even though it was working fine could anyone advise please

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
welcome,

the bad news

unfortunatly you have posted in the 75 section, there are not many of us left, so do not ecpect too many answers

the good news,

I have a 147 as well :D so I will have a go

the side light issue is something to do with the body computer, the part is about £150 plus coding to the car, damn niusance, comes and goes on my car too. Looking at other posts, it may get worse, but can get better and disappear. German electrics....made by Bosch on the 147 :mad:

the engine light

something is operating outside its set parameter, may be something simple, the light will clear after 5 restarts when everything is OK, but the code is stored so it can be seen when it is next hooked up to a service computer. Are there any symptoms accompanying the light? mis-fire, hesitation, using more fuel? that sort of thing. If it flashes when running it is more serious, but a fixed orange light is usually something minor.

HTH

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no everything seems fine light is solid orange must admit side light is out was on wrong setting lol temp gauge is acting strange going up and donw and the main time i use the most fule is when engine is running and im parked seems to eat it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts