Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Where do you recommend me getting a cold induction kit for my alfa 1.6 2003?

I see Auto Parts, Engine Parts & Car Accessories | Masterparts lists for the 2.0, and k&n website lists it for the 2.0 and 1.6

Any recommendations where I could get one?

As some of you might know, i recently had a front accident, and i only recently found that my air box is slightly cracked.

So i was thinking, while I am at it, why not an induction kit for the sound and extra ooomph (although not really any ooomph).

Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Careful kyle, all you are going to be doing is fitting a large suction for water in the front of your car...
Did you ever find that bonnet by the way?
Yes, i got one for R500 :) with very minor damage that I can fix myself, i must just pick it up.

Georgio has an original air box for me, just want to see what is recommended by the others :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who did you rob for the bonnet :wow:
Haha it has a dent on the side of the bonnet, but the crumple zones are still fine. I can fix the dent part and make it straight myself but still going to go to willson once I have everything together for painting.

Might be a month from now tho. Things are going slowly as the days are warming up, using the bike :).

Anyways, if anyone can comment if they have put a k&n induction kit on theirs? Or is it better to get an original air box and then get a k&n filter?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Haha it has a dent on the side of the bonnet, but the crumple zones are still fine. I can fix the dent part and make it straight myself but still going to go to willson once I have everything together for painting.

Might be a month from now tho. Things are going slowly as the days are warming up, using the bike :).

Anyways, if anyone can comment if they have put a k&n induction kit on theirs? Or is it better to get an original air box and then get a k&n filter?
The standard panel is big enough for 1.6 Airflow - release the bit of restriction by fitting the K&N panel :thumbs: That is guaranteed slightly better than OEM - induction kits have proved to loose power in many cases...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The standard panel is big enough for 1.6 Airflow - release the bit of restriction by fitting the K&N panel :thumbs: That is guaranteed slightly better than OEM - induction kits have proved to loose power in many cases...
Thanks, not sure what you mean by K&N panel? Have heard of the K&N Air Filter for 1.6ts?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Try accessories stores like Autostyle etc. Years ago I bought a K and N panel filter for the 145 from Racers Edge.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Also try ATS Motorsport. Go for the K&N flat panel replacement filter. The induction kits sound nice, but tend to lose power because they inhale hot air, unless you build a cool enclosure as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts