Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm starting to sort out my ts engine for my super. I have an oilpump out of a nord 1300 and was going to just change the pick up to suit new 105 sump. The gears inside are different to the ts pump. Ts are straight toothed, 105 are twisted. Would I be able to fit entire pump off 105 or are these pumps different output/pressure? Any advice would be appreciated and if I can't use it what's the options?
Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
226 Posts
Its usual practice to use a nord oil pump when putting a twin spark in a 105, but from a 2 litre. The depth of the sump on a 1300 is less and the oil pump pick up pipe will also be shorter than the 2 litre one. You may get away with it as long as you keep the oil level towards maximum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its usual practice to use a nord oil pump when putting a twin spark in a 105, but from a 2 litre. The depth of the sump on a 1300 is less and the oil pump pick up pipe will also be shorter than the 2 litre one. You may get away with it as long as you keep the oil level towards maximum
Thanks the sump on my 1300 is the same depth exactly as the sump on my GTV2000??? I imagined both pumps would be identical apart from the pick up, only when i started to strip them did I notice the difference in gears, Im concerned the characteristics of the different gears could affect performance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts