Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

what would be the going rate for a good 1750 GTV?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
What do you call good Sud???
Good as in Concourse winning.... say £10 to £15K
Good as in a tidy and solid drivers car to take to shows and be proud of £6K to £10K
Good as in still a hell of a lot of fun to own and drive, £3.5K to £6K.

or it will be good when you have spent a load of money, but still enjoy it anyway... £0.5K to £3.5K.

The bad ones are the ones you end up paying too much for, unfortunately making that judgement isn't always easy. External appearances and asking prices can be deceiving.

You need to do lot's of research and see as many as you can find. Don't limit yourself to 1750's though, look at other coupe's, like the step fronts or the 2000GTV's, even if you have set your heart on a 1750, (No problem with that:) ), you will learn about the quality of the cars and things to look out for.

Buy yourself a copy of The buyers guide by Keith Booker

http://www.themotorbookstore.com/esbugualrogi.html

It's a bit condescending at times, but will be an invaluable guide when you arrive at the sellers door and think 'Blimey that looks lovely, but how do I know if it's worth the price':eek:

if your really serious join the owners club and find someone local with one to talk too.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Mitch's price guide is spot IMHO. Have a good look at various road tests. Each model has its own merits. A 1750 would probably command a bit more than a 2000 but go for condition first.

Good luck, I hope you join us.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Yes. Agree with Mitch, but would also add that no matter how much you spend on the car, you will still continue to spend forever more anyway!!
:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ain't that the truth !!! Spent a fortune buying mine originally and still spending money on it but thats part of the fun I guess :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Guys.

Have seen one for £4,000 and the owner says it has no obvious rust just a worn interior and lacklustre paint ?

Will get lots of photos before travelling to view though.

Am used to suds/sprints so hopefully shouldn't get too frightened by any rust

1 - 7 of 7 Posts