Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I switch on the ignition from cold, the glowplug warning coil symbol lights up in amber as normal but once the engine has started (which starts ok) the glow plug warning continues to flash for a few seconds accompanied by 'Error Glowplug' in red.
Is this likely to be a faulty glow plug or something in the controller ?
If anyone has had this problem and can offer any advice I would be most grateful....:confused:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
As long as it starts ok, I wouldn't be too worried about it. I had the fault for ages, including during the really cold spell last year. It might hesitate a bit on start up during the cold weather, but that's about it.

Get it checked out at the next service.

·
Registered
202 Posts
As long as it starts ok, I wouldn't be too worried about it. I had the fault for ages, including during the really cold spell last year. It might hesitate a bit on start up during the cold weather, but that's about it.

Get it checked out at the next service.
+1 Mine has been warning me since before the really cold weather last winter and it still starts first turn, no matter how cold it is. Reading some of the previous threads on this topic, new(ish) modern common rail diesels are much better starters than older ones, and my experience driving from the sixties to now bears that out. The problems that people have had replacing glow plugs and breaking them off put me off doing anything about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts