1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Looks fantastic, some raw power

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Better get used to the Chrysler connection guys.

The new Giulia will probably have a 3.3-litre V6 Chrysler engine option.

P

·
0 Posts
Well its a 3.2l V6 Pantesar engine, but Alfa will add the multiAir system to it. Initial projections are 210kw. Will probably be more.

Economies of scale dudes. It will be cheaper to share parts and engines. VW does it well: VW, Seat, Audi all share parts and engines. TFSI and TSI engines are used by all 3.

So let's see where this parts and engine sharing with the yanks takes Alfa...

M

·
0 Posts
Looks lovely... I hope they've done some serious work on the handling because an italian 'muscle car' is not a good thing.

J

·
0 Posts
Alfa Romeo is DEAD. Hold on to your old ones.

How humiliating for an Alfa Romeo to be based on an American truck.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Dodge is Chryslers performance brand. Even if there is a lot of power, that does not help us at all. The character of this engine is totally the opposite of what we are used to and what Alfa stands for.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Bla Bla Bla. Alfa is DEAD:mad: Go get a BM
Alfa died in the 80’s and most of you are driving FIAT’s so what’s the problem:tut:.
All of you always complain and want to know why Alfa does not have cars that can compete with the big Germans and what happen when they do?
Everyone complain that it’s not an Alfa!:rolleyes:
What is an Alfa?
Is it a pre 1950’s supercar?
A 50 & 60’s pocket rocket that changed the world?
70’s & 80’s executive saloons?
90’s & 00’s so sexy but just not living up to the brands heritage.

If a Dodge that belongs to FIAT is what is needed to get Alfa back on track why not?:thumbs:
They need America to survive if they can not break into America yes Alfa will be dead and buried.

The most important thing is that Alfa have to make money, until such time we will not get what we want;)

The question should actually be why only 7 will be manufactured why not turn them out in the hundreds so that they can sell for the same price as a R8 or something
We need them out there changing perceptions and growing the brand.

P

·
0 Posts
Alfa Romeo is DEAD. Hold on to your old ones.

How humiliating for an Alfa Romeo to be based on an American truck.
Dude are you serious!

Dodge Viper is not truck! Dodge builds a wide range of automobiles. SUV's, Pick Ups, cars etc. Not just trucks.

And this build was not even commissioned by Alfa Romeo. It was commissioned by a private Zagato collector and Zagato built it for this bloke. Alfa just gave the approval for it to have its badge slapped on it! They only building between 8-13 of these.

So this is by no means a mainstream car, and Alfa will NEVER use an engine like that for full scale production. NEVER!!!

And Jacques, this is based more on an Aston Martin than anything else. Its merely using the Viper engine!

And if Alfa sales world wide increases and they are dead, then I am sure Alfa wished 5 years ago they were dead. Their sales would probably be over 500 000 a year by now then :cheese:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Dude are you serious!

Dodge Viper is not truck! Dodge builds a wide range of automobiles. SUV's, Pick Ups, cars etc. Not just trucks.

And this build was not even commissioned by Alfa Romeo. It was commissioned by a private Zagato collector and Zagato built it for this bloke. Alfa just gave the approval for it to have its badge slapped on it! They only building between 8-13 of these.

So this is by no means a mainstream car, and Alfa will NEVER use an engine like that for full scale production. NEVER!!!

And Jacques, this is based more on an Aston Martin than anything else. Its merely using the Viper engine!

And if Alfa sales world wide increases and they are dead, then I am sure Alfa wished 5 years ago they were dead. Their sales would probably be over 500 000 a year by now then :cheese:
Don’t worry it is just the old resistance to change scenario. It is normal I am sure some people are stocking up on food before the election as well.:cheese:

P

·
0 Posts
As a side note... To where Alfa is in the pecking order...

Both Alfa Romeo And Maserati are going to build SUV's!

Top of the range engines for these SUV's?

Alfa 3.2l V6 Pantesar with MultiAir
Maserati 4.8l V8 as found in the Quattroporte

So the crazy engine noted above will never see th light of day in a full scale production Alfa!

·
Registered
158 Posts
One article states that the car has Maserati v 8 power, so details are skecthy at best

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Who cares it will be fast and sexy with alfa badges all over

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
:cheese:

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
My opinion, for what its worth.......

I think we (I am including myself here) "traditional" Alfa lovers should get off our high horses a while and look at the bigger picture.....
1. Alfa would have been history if it was not for Fiat bailing them out at the end of the 80s
2. Fiat's management have already changed the essence of "Alfa Romeo" , and we gt used to it very quickly..... even excellent cars like the 145, 155, 156, GT and 916 GTV/Spider were produced, now acknowledged as proper Alfas
3. some of the 1980s cars were terrible..... the 116 series transaxle cars were brilliant on paper, but in practise there were badly made, unreliable and will not become classics (Eric runs and hides)
4. If I hear about the "damn GM motors" one more time, I swear....... the truth is that these are excellent engines, soulful intheir own way, and Alfa needed to do this to get reliability back on their side..... face it, the TS motors of the 90s and early 2000s wre not all that great......
5. If Fiat/Alfa/Chrysler/Dodge/Maserati see fit to share technologies/platforms/engines, and we end up getting more reliable cars, then so be it...... we will not be able to swing things around by complaining........

If this is what Alfa has to do to survive, I will support it.... so far my Tractor, and the GM blcoked 159 before that, was a remarkable buy..... best Alfas I have ever owned.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
100% Eric

1 - 20 of 70 Posts