Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL THERE:

CAN SOMEONE TELL THE EXPERIENCE OF USE ALESSIO SPORT WHEELS, IS IT A GOOD WHEEL ?

THE OTHER REQUEST IS ABOUT TOYO PROXES AND GOOD YEAR F-I, WHICH IS BEST, COMFORTABLE AND WITH PERFORMANCE AS A SPORT WHEEL IN THE WET AND ACQUAPLANING ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
28 Posts
Having ran my 155V6 ('96) on Toyo Proxes for 2 months I can reccomend them. I think they are an improvement in the dry over the standard Pirellis, although I haven't had the chance to test them in deep puddles yet.

My mechanic warned me that they grip very well, but that they tend to let go very quickly, rather than progressively. I disagree with this, at least on a dry road.

My only concern is that they'll wear out rather quickly, the rubber is very warm to the touch after some calm driving, so my impression is that the rubber is very soft.

They also look good :p , although I never thought I'd say that about those black rubber things!! :D

G

·
Jorge,

I have Toyo Proxes all around in my Q4. They are the BEST handling tyres I ever seen. Not as hard as the originbals P700Z but with extraordinary grip levels. Specially on the wet. As a bonus, they are reallly good looking.

I bought the Toyo in Buenos Aires through an importer, but they are really hard to find. There are no officials Toyo shops here. Just Michelin, Yoko, Pirelli or Bridgetone among the most popular ones...

About wheels, I 'adore' the original speedlines of the Q4...the best street looking wheel on the road..

Juan

G

·
Hiya,

I'm currently using Falken 451's all round and think they are superb tyres. Better than the pirelli's that was on the motor.

I haven't had experience with the toyo's at all though.

J

G

·
I've been using Goodyear Eagle F1s for around 6000 miles and think they are superb. They are surely up there with the Bridgestones at the head of the field. I got many quotes and when the Eagles and Proxes were within a pound of each other then it was an obvious choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts