Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big fan of his novels but no one i know has read them, someone please tell me i'm not alone as they are FANTASTIC to read and get engrossed in.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just been on e bay,plenty to choose from,what ones would you recommend?:) Diamond Dogs,Turquoise Days sounds interesting.

I've read a lot of Ben Bova's and one or two of Stephen Baxters but never heard of Alastair Reynolds

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Revelation Space, would be the best to start with chum, each book gives you more info about the previous one, its great!:thumbs:

If his books could be made into movies, they'd be EPIC, Star Wars just wouldn't have a look in because the universe he has created in his books is awesome:cool:

·
Registered
869 Posts
I just bought four of his books from e bay for a tenner so I'm looking forward to it:thumbs:

Revelation Space,Chasm City,Absolution Gap and Redemption Ark:cool:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good lad i really hope you enjoy them.:thumbs:

I'm half way thru the Prefect at the moment, so once I get thru that i'm fooked as i'll have read all his books:lol:

Could you recommend me a few sci-fi novels?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Not heard of him, who is he similar to? Not an easy question, I'm sure, but hopefully you can give an idea... Always looking out for good recommendations.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I read Ian M Banks and also Fantasy likeRobin Hobb which end of the spectrum would you put Reynolds?
I honestly couldn't put him on any spectrum as i am not a huge reader, I was just recommended to read his books by a friend who loves sci-fi and got hooked!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
OK, good enough. I'll give him a try... :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Good lad i really hope you enjoy them.:thumbs:

I'm half way thru the Prefect at the moment, so once I get thru that i'm fooked as i'll have read all his books:lol:

Could you recommend me a few sci-fi novels?
I've read quite a few of Ben Bova's Books,I quite like them and enjoyed them all

Gregory Benford is another author ,(The Martian Race,I enjoyed that)

I'm not sure about Stephen Baxter though,I read "Titan" and found it a bit heavy going but its all really down the style of writing you enjoy.

My favourite Sci Fi author at the moment would be Ben Bova.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts