Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Seeking advice on what to do about my QV. Just weeks before the car went in for the 35 000kms service, I would get a series of alarms going off,starting with the steering corrector, and moving on to abs,vdc,etc. The good people at CMH Alfa in Hatfield supposedly found the error, the ABS pump and replaced it, TWICE. I got my car back and lo and behold the alarms are back. The mileage is now around the 38 000km mark and this problem doesnt seem to have an end in sight. When these alarms go off, the DNA system is disabled. All i get from my repeated trip to CMH, is a nice carwash and more frustrations. HELP

·
Registered
493 Posts
Disconect battery for 60secs then reconect.
Start engine
Turn steering full lock left
Turn steering full lock right
Turn steering to center postion
Switch off ignition for 60secs
Start engine back up and hopefully warning lights have gone off.
If not the its a trip back to the garage im affraid
Hope this helps

·
Registered
98 Posts
Disconect battery for 60secs then reconect.
Start engine
Turn steering to center postion
Switch off ignition for 60secs
Start engine back up and hopefully warning lights have gone off.
If not the its a trip back to the garage im affraid
Hope this helps
where do you get cheat codes like that? serious question:D

R

·
0 Posts
Your dealer workshop should have checked this, but my suggestion is check the battery - that it is holding the right level of charge...
I have had this happen on previous Alfas (not on my G's) that the alarms for everything was going off and it turned out to be the battery that needed to be replaced.
The car's systems seem to go into a safety mode when the voltage from the battery drops below a certain level - which sets off the alarms.
Remember even a newer or brand-new battery can have a fault.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Your dealer workshop should have checked this, but my suggestion is check the battery - that it is holding the right level of charge...
I have had this happen on previous Alfas (not on my G's) that the alarms for everything was going off and it turned out to be the battery that needed to be replaced.
The car's systems seem to go into a safety mode when the voltage from the battery drops below a certain level - which sets off the alarms.
Remember even a newer or brand-new battery can have a fault.
Yes, I recently got a 2nd-hand G and started to get all the warnings you describe. AA guy said the battery was faulty and luckily the car failed to start when it was in for the dealer to test it. They replaced the battery under warranty and this has solved all problems. Bests.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yes the Gs seem to loose there marbles when the battery drops voltage, Alfa kept my battery on charge overnight and refitted the nxt morning, all is good since then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, will call the dealer as well to inform them too, in case they get more errors on other Giuli's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts