Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've recently replaced front lower wishbones and anti-roll bar drop links. Upper wishbones seemed to be fine but the car seems to still have an annoying rumbling clunk when going over bumpy roads. Not sure what else to check for unless a track rod end has gone. Also had new CV boots, new grease and rack boots.

My big worry is that a spring has snapped and, whilst I've stuck my header under the wheel arches to have a look, cannot see anything odd.

Any other suggestions - what sort of noise/sensation would a snapped spring make. How do you tell!

All this seemed to happen after driving over a bumpy part of the Brooklands racetrack on Sat for a hundred yards or so. Strange.

Any suggestions appreciated....

·
Banned
81 Posts
What about the actual anti roll bar itself ? If it is the spring get it checked straight away, shredded tyre on punto recently because spring had snapped and gone past the carrier.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Had the same on mine after having changed upper and lower wishbones,drop links,track rod ends and still getting this clonking noise specially from cold starts...
Had the car up yesterday [ changing the A/C compressor] discovered that some oil pipes were touching the chassis[ below the steering rack]..Had to lift them somehow and install some rubber buffer in between....Will test it today and check...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts