Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my remote keys have stopped working the alarm. I've got all off the keys including the burgundy and alarm overide and the little tab with a five digit code on it. I've tried to recode the receiver to the keys but the manual suggests it should be a 4 digit code, and the only one i have is 5. :confused: So it doesn't let me put the 5th number in. Any ideas before I have to turn to the dark side expensive side eek! eek! . Its a 8/96 with the integrated key and remote.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had a similiar problem a while back with the twinny. It needed the four digit alarm code to re-synchronise the alarm.

I'm guessing you need the four digit code or a new alarm receiver........sorry!

Could always try the local dealer, you never know wink

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 155 16v 1996 and it came with two fobs with red buttons. One of these broke early on and the replacement has a black button. Each key came with a little sticky label with a 4 digit number like this 1-2-3-4. There is a topic somewhere on the alfa owner site about recoding keys using the sensor and switch located in the interior light in the back seat area. I think you can do it without the codes. The big question is really why have they stopped working? Have you checked the fuse? tried turning alarm on and off in the glove compartment? Does the remote locking still work?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The alarm can only be re-coded by entering the code into the roof receiver.

Afraid you will need a new receiver :( about £100 last time I checked.

wrinx

·
Banned
477 Posts
I've had on going problems with my alarm. Central locking still works but the alarm works when it wants to. I've tried re-coding the receiver with the method described on this site, with a 4 digid code that came on a credit card sized thing. Alarm works fine for a few days, then all of a sudden the alarm will not arm. Worst is when it arms but then I come to unlock and it doesn't dis arm. Its then either a dash for the glovebox moment or wait and sometimes it will do it a bit later on. Though it may have been a door sensor, becasue I was finding that when I got out of the car, closed the drivers door then re opened it, shut it then activated the alarm it worked, but even thats stopped now :( :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The central locking doesn't work, it was pretty erratic at the best of times, but the alarm was always spot on. The siren makes a little beep when I turn the key in the glove box overide. The led on the receiver works when i press in the little button next to it. My wallet is getting a burning sensation. I wonder now whether its worth getting fixed at all and having a new alarm fitted.

·
Banned
477 Posts
if you were thinking of getting it fixed it will probably be as cheap (if not cheaper) getting a third party alarm fitted. I know Toad alarms have been reccomended here before & you get more features with them too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.