Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, we've been through this subject before, several times!

Just a couple of questions regarding the factory fit alarm

Someone was kind enough to send details of how to code a remote to the roof transmitter, using a pen or similar and pressing the keyfob corresponding to the code.

1st question: where is the code, is it the one stamped on the inside of the keyfob?

2nd Question: What is the true range of the transmitter, is it right up against the drivers side window or can it be used at least 3 foot away?!

Any help would be hot!!

Many thanks

LesPix

------------------------------------------
remember, it isn't wise to upset a wookie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know i can use my zapper about 100 yards away (3rd floor window with car in the car park)

Quite a range, any range probs might be down to a dying battery. ya neer know.

J

·
Registered
715 Posts
Mine works from miles away as I often play games with passers by from my office window!!!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The range improves if you stick the metal end of the key in your mouth when you press the button. Don't ask how I came to that conclusion - I don't know!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This works (I heard it from the radio so it must be true): Point the key-fob in your mouth, stand on one leg and put your arm in the air. I know it works because I've used it to set the alarm when the cars been in our garage and I'm in the house. However, use only if you're prepared to look like you should be committed and face the inevitable barrage of laughter and pointing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts