Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys in a nebe to this alfa lark (but always wanted one ever since i saw my first sud many years ago) any way i have a problem with my alarm i think from what i can tell looking round the car that its been turned of useing the examaner so has any body out there in the hants or surrounding area got one or know of some one so it can be checked out to see if im right or ots something else oh its a 156 18 ts lusso any help would be much appriciated as i dont want to pay steelers prices ie £112 without doing any thing else thanks:thumbs: :cry: :rant:

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Have you tried locking the car with the remote, then unlocking it using the key in the door lock (not the remote) then opening the door?

It is possible to set the system to silent arming/disarming. So lack of beeps when setting doesn't necessarily mean it isn't working.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just had a go made no diffrence just one thing i did not mention that makes me think that its turned off my dash led does not flash at any time weather i lock it with key or remote

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
With the LED not flashing there are two possibilities:
1) the alarm is broken...(!)
2) the car is a non-UK spec import and someone has just fitted the LED panel to make it look like it has an alarm.

As you are in Hampshire, give AHM a visit.
I'm sure they have the Examiner and can check it put for you.

see here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts