Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya,

2000 156 2.5 V6

Problem. The alarm wont disarm. The keyfob button and light works as usual but the car is not arming and disarming. Ive tried the other keyfob. Ive even opened the car with the key and set the alarm off and tried to disarm it from inside. Still wont react at all to the keyfob. Car is immobilised and i cant start it. The battery is brand new and has been working perfectly ever since it has been put in.
The problem is definitely with the car not the fob. But what will it be ?

cheers
dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The alarm is going off constantly now. Where is the siren situated in the 156 i need to turn this siren off.

I have only owned it for about 2 weeks. Can someobody shed some light on where the various components that make up the alarm/immobiliser system up are please.

Im desperate here. I am in work at 6pm and have a car that is alarmed/immobilised and is making a right racket parked outside and i havent the slightest idea what is wrong with it or how to stop the noise. OR how im going to get to work.

Im sure its the car thats faulty and not the fob. The fob is working just as it was when i parked up and armed last night.

But this morning the car just isnt reacting to the fob.

any help appreciated

·
Registered
50 Posts
dissconnect the battery for 5 minutes and connect back. That should fix it!! I was getting similar problems and that fixed it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For reference -

Sorted the problem. After doing extensive searching on this site i noticed plenty of people complaining about similair eratic alarm/immobiliser behaviour and although no obvious solutions to my situation i noticed that one person said they had left their cabin light on all night and in the morning although the alarm was still armed the fob wouldnt disarm the car.
They used jump leads to charge the battery and low and behold the fob was able to disarm the alarm.

Ive just tried this and it worked.

So...if your alarm is behaving eratically or not arming/disarming at all check the power in your battery ! Your alarm will still work but the communication between your fob and alarm deteriorates and eventually dies altogether the weaker your battery gets. If your battery dies your fob wont work !

Girlfriend was fiddling with the cabin lights yesterday. She must have left the cabin light in the ON position and the battery died during a cold night.

Hope this helps some future alpha owner in this nice little nightmarish situation i found myself in today.

cheers
dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts