Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a big deal but alarm does now not 'beep' when car is locked / unlocked with the remote, any one else had this?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not really a big deal but alarm does now not 'beep' when car is locked / unlocked with the remote, any one else had this?
I have had this happen, but only a couple of times. Usually I find if I unlock with the reomte, open and close the door, and relock with the remote, it's fine again. As mine is related to the doors being opened and closed again, I assume it must be a sensor or contact issue, but it doesn't play up often enough to be a hinderance. Sorry that I can't be of any more help.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's a sensor issue the alarm will arm normally but then beep
again to warn you that it has taken the sensor offline.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's a sensor issue the alarm will arm normally but then beep
again to warn you that it has taken the sensor offline.
Good point, iv'e had this occur once or twice also.

·
Premium Member
7,741 Posts
You can only change the 156's.
Actually, you can also change the 147's ...:D

For the 147:

The operating mode can be changed by diagnostic instrument or the following manual procedure:
  • set the ignition key to Key-On;
  • activate the hazard warning flasher
  • press the rear fog light control button and hold it down
  • using the ignition key, carry out the following sequence in strict order: Key-Off (for less than 2 s), Key-On (for less than 1 s), Key-Off, starting from the Key-On state, always holding down the rear fog light button.
  • at the end of the sequence, the siren emits 5 beeps to indicate the activation of programming.
  • release the rear fog light switch and press it again the same number of times as the desired mode (each press gives a feedback beep)
If the button is pressed for an invalid number of times (e.g. greater than the number of available operating modes), the siren emits 5 beeps and is cancelled and the country code is not changed:
  • set the ignition key to the Key-On position within 10 s of the last press on the rear fog light button.
  • the siren emits the same number of beeps as the number which indicates the selected operating mode: each beep lasts 1 s and is followed by a 0.5 s pause.
  • at the end of the beeps, set the key to the Key-Off position: the BC is programmed in the new operating mode.
Cancelling the procedure
If, during entry of the operating mode, the rear fog lights button is not pressed within an interval of 10 s, the procedure is aborted: in this case the siren emits 5 beeps to warn the operator and the BC maintains the previous operating mode.
The market can be changed from 1,2,3,4,5 using the diagnostic instrument or manual procedure.
It is not possible to enable/disable the market by setting the value 0

Country codes:
1=EEC
2=UK
3=Belgium
4=Netherlands
5=World

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Boot open? or at least the sensor.
My 156 also does one long beep followed closely by another beep. Always has done... just thought it was supposed to do that...... certainly no boot or doors open.

How can you check the sensor is working properly?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts