Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The alarm on my GTA was activated only on remote control key press, when locking the doors.
Starting a few weeks ago, it started to get self activated when leaving the car with doors open.
Does anyone know how can I change it back to as it was before?
I didn't do anything to make it activate the self arming option, I wonder how did it happen?

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
The alarm on my GTA was activated only on remote control key press, when locking the doors.
Starting a few weeks ago, it started to get self activated when leaving the car with doors open.
Does anyone know how can I change it back to as it was before?
I didn't do anything to make it activate the self arming option, I wonder how did it happen?
I suspect the country code was changed somehow......
You can see the behaviour in the different country settings starting page 15 in the attached pdf document.
page 17 also gives the manual procedure to change the country code (you can also do this via MES)
(document concerns the 147 )

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried to follow the sequence mentioned in the pdf, but it is not working.
Maybe you cand indicate the procedure for the 156?
Apparently for 147 is different.

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
I have tried to follow the sequence mentioned in the pdf, but it is not working.
Maybe you cand indicate the procedure for the 156?
Apparently for 147 is different.
Unfortunately yes, the 147/gt is different from the 156. On the 147, the alarm is controlled by the bodycomputer and via the CAN network, the 156 has none of this....
I'll see if there's a similar procedure for the 156.......

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
apparently there's a more-or-less similar procedure for the 156 using the bonnet switch, see pages 11 onwards in the attached pdf

Attachments

·
Premium Member
45,073 Posts
Worth playing around with the country settings. It could however be a faulty alarm module. You can simply unplug them, they are in the front left (UK passenger side) wheel arch, above the wheel arch liner. Once the battery in the alarm module dies, the alarm will stop sounding. Central locking will work as before.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the "bonnet switch"?
The bonnet is opened with a cable, there is nothing electric there..

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
What is the "bonnet switch"?
The bonnet is opened with a cable, there is nothing electric there..
If you have an alarm, there should be a bonnet switch at the front of the bonnet to flag a non-closed bonnet.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts