Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Alarm recommendations for 156 1.6

945 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  147 Progressive 
G
#1 ·
Picked up my new 156 1.6 last Friday.
I am wondering if it is possible to get an alarm fitted , which will allow me to use the remote central locking button on the key to also alarm the car. Would prefer this to a 2nd remote for the alarm.

Also, should I get the dealer to install said alarm, or go to a reputable alarm installer ? I'm worried if I don't go to the dealer, the installer might screw up the immobliser on the car, or even the fuse box.

And finally what make would you recommend. Reliablity has been a problem with alarms I've had in the past, so that would be a big concern for me. The best alarm fitter where I live recommends Cobra and Meta ? Are they any good ?

thanks

Anyway, I noticed the

#3 ·
The dealer here in Dublin fitted my alarm and tuned it into the central locking button on my keys. There's no problem getting it done. But get the dealer to do it. Why? Because some of the trim has to be removed for wiring, or at least loosened a bit and tightened up again. Any resulting rattles and squeaks can be referred back to the dealer.
Not that there'd ever be rattles in an Alfa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.