Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,
Well, I lent my car for a friend of my and he tried to open the door using the key instead of pressing the key's fob. The alarm was off and he pressed the key's fob many times. Now the alarm is not working at all but the central locking is ok. I have tried to switch it on and off in the glove's box but not luck. Any ideas?
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Henriuk said:
Hi again,
Well, I lent my car for a friend of my and he tried to open the door using the key instead of pressing the key's fob. The alarm was off and he pressed the key's fob many times. Now the alarm is not working at all but the central locking is ok. I have tried to switch it on and off in the glove's box but not luck. Any ideas?
Hi, I have no idea, but I can tell you that I have the same problem with my 155. I bought it used with only one key and no remote control. I had to buy a new remote control and install a new plafonier and new switch in the glove's box. I was able to have the door locks working again but the alarm didn't activate. When I turn the key in the glove box, I hear the beep and the led light blinks once, but that's all. After being told that the alarm might be bad, I bought a new one, for nothing, because the problem continues. I was offered a new alarm system, non original, much better than the Alfa original, but I didn't accept, because I want to keep the originality of my car. I think you and I have a problem related to the code of the alarm.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all people that replied in this post (not many). It was the lock mechanism that was sticking. I've removed the door's panel and lubricated the mechanism, locked and unlocked with the key a few times and hey! Presto, the alarm is working ok.
I hope it helps someone with a similar problem. :p
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Henriuk said:
Thanks for all people that replied in this post (not many). It was the lock mechanism that was sticking. I've removed the door's panel and lubricated the mechanism, locked and unlocked with the key a few times and hey! Presto, the alarm is working ok.
I hope it helps someone with a similar problem. :p
thank you. I'll try that to see If I'm lucky like you were. did you remove all four door panels?
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the time I finish the driver's door it was fine. But it was the door the guy use the key on.
I think you should do one door first then lock and unlock few times then try the alarm again. Keep doing all doors this way.
Check also the receptor 'cause I heard of wires disconnections or bad contact on it. The 21 pin connector behind the passengers side headlamp, it's not unknown for the pins to completely corrode away leaving you without an alarm, if this is the case the only remedy is to cut the connector block out by cutting the corresponing wires one at a time and rejoining them as you go (essential as they're all black in colour).
Try also disconnecting the car's battery for a while.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AH! Alfer you lub the parts, lock and unlock using the key not remote.
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Henriuk said:
AH! Alfer you lub the parts, lock and unlock using the key not remote.
thank you henriuk, I'll try that and while the door panel is off, I will try to fix some of those irritating small door dents.
I'll come back to you to let you know.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Again,
I have forgotten to mention the alarm diagnostic. I haven't really tried but it is in the Alfa Service manual. You have to open the bonnet and press a button seven times and so on. If you don't have it I can send you a copy. Just send me a message.
Good luck. Max.
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Henriuk said:
Hi Again,
I have forgotten to mention the alarm diagnostic. I haven't really tried but it is in the Alfa Service manual. You have to open the bonnet and press a button seven times and so on. If you don't have it I can send you a copy. Just send me a message.
Good luck. Max.
henriuk, didn't really get that part. why do I have to press that button seven times? my central alarm is new. I bought it because I was told that the problem was with the central unit, and I spent the money for nothing, because it didn't make any good.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a similar problem with the alarm on my 155 after I had to replace the battery.

The central locking would work, but the alarm would not. Turning the isolation key (in the glovebox) on and off didn't make any difference, although I could here the alarm bleep at me.

The solution in my case was very simple:

All that was required was to insert the original "Red Key" into the ignition and turn the key to the 2nd position of the ignition sequence.
I was then able to set/reset the alarm using the usual key thob button jobby.

Appologies if you have already tried this. Thought I'd mention it cos it took a mate to recommend this to me before I finally cracked it (I :) tried everying but!).
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top