Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks ago bought my first Spider (the Black SE). Then some local thugs put a boulder through the passenger door window at 1am one Saturday night and caused a real mess. Thankfully the alarm went off and we went out to investigate. Here's the thing though - despite the car being entered in this way, the alarm still stopped going off after a short while (like as if it went off accidentally due to air pressure changes etc). If we had not gone out the alarm would have stopped. On a recent BMW I had (I know, I've seen the light now ....) the alarm could tell the difference and would have repeated in the event of a forced entry of some kind. Why does this not happen with Alfas. What can I do to improve matters ? Cheers

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Sorry to hear about your spider

If I remember correctly, Legally alarms are only allowed to go off for 30 seconds before stopping and then go off again after a pause (not too sure how long the pause is). an alarm isn't allowed to be a constant noise.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Alarms on all vehicles are legislated as to there operation as regards how long the siren should sound, this is typically 30 seconds, if there is continued intrusion then the alarm would resound. If you remember some time back when alarms would go on untill the battery went flat neighbours would become so incensed they would force entry to silence it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts