Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Alarm on 159

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  377834 
#1 ·
Hi all. I know the alarm issue has been raised before in previous threads, but I wanted to clarify that my reading of what's been said is correct. To disable the alarm on my 159 (to stop it randomly going off in the middle of the night) will using the key and a 'double click' do the trick?

Loving my first month of Alfa ownership...including it's quirky ways!

G
#2 ·
Locking with the key locks the car but doesn't activate the alarm.

Double clicking throws the deadlocks. Again the alarm is not armed.

(A double push on the remote lock button will deadlock the car
and arm the alarm.)

#3 ·
The first thing to try is to disable the volumetric part of the alarm (this is the sensor that measures air pressure differences in the cabin). You disable it by pressing the roof switch before leaving the car. The car can be attacked by breaking the glass and entering in this state.

If you really want the alarm off then, yes, use the key in the door barrell. And you are right that a second turn will arm the deadlocks without setting the alarm.

#9 ·
Hi, I tried the 'keyfpob' key method a few times with no success, (alarm would still arm ?), in fact, after the car battery was almost
completely dead, and I used a power pack to jump start it, it took a while before I could even unlock the other doors at all ?... Got there in the end. Alfa's don't like not being used for a while ?
The price we pay for such a fantastic car ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.