Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

I've recently purchased a 2.4 Brera, and absolutely love it.

I am however going through the car with a fine-toothed comb in order to find any gremlins that exist that can be sorted under the Sale of Goods Act!

Thankfully I haven't found many, but one is the "alarm not available" message on startup.

A quick search of the forum has actually informed me that the car should 'beep' when locking/unlocking.

Mine never beeps - so perhaps this is connected to the error message?

Could someone please clarify exactly what is supposed to happen during the locking/unlocking process, so that I can go back to the dealer with some concrete information about what I want them to fix?

Many thanks in advance!

Jess

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question but I have also just bought a 2.4 brera (56) and have the same issue (as well as smoke on startup...). Taking to garage this week for once over so will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have had this message ever since Ive had the car but my alarm does work.
The locking beeps might have been taken off in the menu, if you do a search youll find out how to reactivate them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question but I have also just bought a 2.4 brera (56) and have the same issue (as well as smoke on startup...). Taking to garage this week for once over so will let you know how I get on.
Would be great to hear how you get on Chris, thanks! FWIW mine smokes a little from cold but I've come to expect that from big diesels...even my past VAGs would behave in a similar fashion.

I have had this message ever since Ive had the car but my alarm does work.
The locking beeps might have been taken off in the menu, if you do a search youll find out how to reactivate them.
I've gone through the menu using a pdf owner's manual and still can't find an option for this...can anyone advise??

·
Registered
229 Posts
There's a procedure with the fog light switch to change the alarm country code. e.g Netherlands has no beeps, UK has beeps, etc. Search the forum.
The alarm not available could be for any number of reason since the sensors are on the hood, boot, doors and ultrasonic sensors (one in each door).
I used AlfaOBD (Alfa Diagnostic tool on Android), found error was with the ultrasonic sensors, deactivated them in the alarm and now no more errors. You can also use AlfaOBD to change alarm country instead of the manual procedure I mentioned.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Xenkof, your Netherlands/UK tip pointed me towards this:

1. Key in
  2. Turn on hazards
  3. Press and hold rear foglight
  4. Key out, key in, key out quickly
  5. Release foglight button
  6. You should hear 4 slow quiet beeps. This says you're in prog mode.
  7. Press the fog light 4 times and then put key back in within 10 secs
  8. The system will beep again quietly 4 times (or the number you set it to)
  9. Then key out and should be set
Will see if the reverse procedure brings back the beeps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts