Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, This morning while watching tv my alarm went off outside. But when i went to turn it off using my key, it wouldn't work! I tried both keys and the little red light on them blinked when i pressed the button, but the car didn't react to it. I then disconnected the battery after opening my car by inserting the key and it still kept going for a while, then it stopped (although the alarm light on the dash was still blinking). Any ideas anyone? or what the cause could be?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i am no expert, think the alarm unit inside the left(?) wheelarch area - its under a black blanking plate - has its own battery to power the alarm, it will die after it keeps going for ages.

the receiver in the car seems to be shot.

i had the problem when my only key didnt seem to be working, i thought it was the car as the light was blinking on keyfob but it was deffo the key as I ordered 2 new ones at shocking cost which work just fine.

I just kept trying my key periodically and several times from every angle!
try round the back window

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had a similar problem with my car. I unlocked the car one morning using the remote, opened the door, and the alarm went off and wouldn't stop. I kept trying the remote but it didn't switch it off. I disconnected the battery and the siren kept sounding until its own batteries ran down. When I reconnected the battery it was alright for a few minutes and then started off again. I could still lock and unlock the doors and start the engine. I got inside the f/n/s wheel arch and disconnected the alarm, much to the relief of my neighbours.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Sounds like the main car battery went flat, do you have a bulb warning on the rev counter and are any of the tail lights staying dimly lit? If so then you'll need a battery and a rev counter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fixed it guys, thanks for the help. It was my fault all along, not the car's. I left the interior light bulb on for almost 2 days, cause i'm stupid.

got jump leads and it's okay now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts