Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is currently being alarmed by the guys at 'ICE diret' in P'Boro. They had it from Monday night. I arrived tonight at 5.15 at their workshops after a kind colleague drove me there.

The car isn't ready!

Turns out that ICE direct didn't have a wiring diagram etc of the Alfa 155, 1st one they have ever done!

The dashboard had to come out for the alarm install. Turns out it was riveted into place! It is now, de-dashboarded and wires all over. Will be ready tomorrow. Just be advised that this kind of full on alarm system will take longer than expected to fit to a 155!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dash out........ eek! eek! eek!

that doesnt sound good i cant think why.??? even for a top of the range jobbie.....make sure all your electrics work BEFORE you leave there workshop...............!!!!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Erm, I would have thought they could get to everything by removing the odd cover here and there?????

Can you find out why this was necessary?

Good advice from JB, and listen for more rattles than usual eek!

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh i cant see any reason at all to take out the dash..glove box and steering wheel cowl is all you need to get to everything including the main loom.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know nothing!

Will give it a very thorough going over before I take it away tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
are you havin tracker fitted as they sometimes fit in stange places and some dont let you know where for security, but does seem v strange to take dash out maybe remote start?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is back todaqy. I asked the guy why the dash was taken out. He said that it wasn't actually taken out, just moved for access! He needed to get at the back of the instrument cluster where the wires are tapped in without marking the screws or joins on the instrument panel, thereby avaoiding accusations that the car had been clocked. Also, the control unit is on the inside of the bulkhead in the car behind the dash and the siren is in the engine bay. Very cool bit of kit. All very well done.

It is a Toad C4 Cat 2:1 system. It does some very nifty stuff.

It remote central locks.
It locks the doors when the ignition is turned on for security and opens thm when you switch off.
It is adaptive so if a sensor doesn't work it won't keep going off.
It has interior ultrasonics and dedicated pin switches on all doors, boot and bonnet.

All in a good piece of kit. It was £280 all in, including 2 days labour. The guy who did it now has a diagram of the way of doing the job on a 155 so should be easier next time.

As a point of reference, the annoying squeek from behind the dash has gone too. Bonus.

Only prob is that the illumination light on the fan speed selector is no longer working. Is this an easy one for me to do or should I be taking it back to be sorted?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the same alarm as me and my dad are gonna fit to my car. Cost me £125 for the alarm. We won't have to get in behind the dash though, you can access most of the wires at the fuse panel under the steering wheel. There is a lot of extra wire on the car loom, so you can pull the wires through for access, then push them back. The connections will be then hidden behind the dash. We have already marked and found what wires go where etc and decided on our mounting points.
BTW, when I bought this alarm, I got a wiring instruction pamphlet with it for the 155. Connect green wire to blue wire on loom under hee haw etc. Looks fine and can find all the mentioned wires.

You can alter all the settings ie. do you really want the car doors to lock with the ignition on ???...what if you need to get out quickly after an accident etc.

It is a very good alarm by the way, I would recommend it.

Did you know that the alarm unit has a rechargable battery in it ??? Even if someone cuts wires or the car battery goes flat, the alarm will still work. Cool !!!

Marlon

·
Banned
477 Posts
Think its the same alarm as I got fitted on the punto. As soon as the the ignition goes off, the sentral locking opens. Also unlocks when you open the door with the inside door handle. Good thing is that no-one can open the car from the outside, so no car jacking at traffic lights and no one can open the door to nick things that may be on your seat. My alarm came with a card that told you how to program the alarm. You can switch different things on & off. There is a valet mode and you can switch the sensors off in the summer if you want to leave the windows open (but immobiliser still works)....can't remember the rest. Good alarm though

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is the poodles plums. I am pleased with it. However, I am less pleased that the assumed false alarm last night was in fact some **** attempting to steal the car. So I now have a lovely car alarm, which works, but a bent door lock cover. The little sliding/folding silver bit is now jammed into the lock mechanism. I am unhappy. The alarm did the job though!

Serves me right for not taking the front off of the stereo!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts