Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at the threads on induction kits ... a bit above my technical skill level!

So I'm looking for recommendations on 3rd party airfilters. I'm not so much interested in performance boost (though I wouldn't want a cut) as a nice intake roar.

What should I go for?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I fitted an Autodelta one. Revs smoother now and can hear it whoosh on accelerations....

·
Registered
480 Posts
Be wary, very wary with aftermarket filter arrangements, they tend to eat mafs and that gets expensive. There were a lot of people on the Sportsalfa forum who had mafs failing with Autodelta kits, may have been coincidence but there did seem a lot. Also Franky, a reg on here, has that kit and has done 5 mafs in 18 months, but then he is the most unlucky guy in the universe....

General consensus is that BMC CDA is a good one and doesnt break mafs. I've just fitted one and it does make a difference, bit of a pain to fit though and not a straightforward swap. Its a clearly nicely made quality bit of kit and great noise when you boot it though :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Be wary, very wary with aftermarket filter arrangements, they tend to eat mafs and that gets expensive. There were a lot of people on the Sportsalfa forum who had mafs failing with Autodelta kits, may have been coincidence but there did seem a lot. Also Franky, a reg on here, has that kit and has done 5 mafs in 18 months, but then he is the most unlucky guy in the universe....

General consensus is that BMC CDA is a good one and doesnt break mafs. I've just fitted one and it does make a difference, bit of a pain to fit though and not a straightforward swap. Its a clearly nicely made quality bit of kit and great noise when you boot it though :D
Hi,

I want to ask which part numbers you used to make the kit. Was this for the 3.0 V6? Also do you have a picture of it fitted?

I ask becuase I am a retailer of BMC and I am currently working through the applications to list the correct products where there isn't yet a car specific kit available.

My website is BMC Performance Air Filters so if you do send the picture could I use it on there?

Thank you

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts