Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my air-conditioning doesn't work, checked the system and there is pressure, went to check the relay and seems to be missing according to the relay cover.... Also the compressor has no belt... Any ideas before I go to the garage on Monday? It's a 2004 2.0 JTS.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I haven't had a 156 in 10 years, can't say if there's a relay missing. You need wiring to go to the missing relay though

·
Registered
30,297 Posts
Don’t trust the labelling on that relay cover.
The relays can all be unclipped and moved around.

The colour of the relay base can lead you to what it is.

As for the lack of a belt…. The AC compressor runs on the Aux belt, same belt that runs the alternator and power steering…. So, has a shorter non-AC belt been fitted by a previous owner?

·
Registered
30,297 Posts

From my testing many many years ago on my 1999 Selespeed, the AC relay had a white base.

Reactions: robmce709

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

As for the lack of a belt…. The AC compressor runs on the Aux belt, same belt that runs the alternator and power steering…. So, has a shorter non-AC belt been fitted by a previous owner?
So from a closer look the idler is missing and it does look like a non AC belt that's been used

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
If a non AC belt has been fitted, it suggests there was an issue previously so do not expect any of this to be straightforward. Chances are there is a leak somewhere and there will probably be subsequent leaks at various union seals. The compressor clutch may be defective so expect time and money to be used getting it working again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts