Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to alfa today and it was diagnosed with a leaking aircon pump which they said is cauing the car to leak water and oil. i know the car had an oil leak but does oil come from the airon pump? the guy on the phone didnt know how the mecanics work, just told me what the mechanic told him.

cheers

Jay

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
There is some oil in the refridgerant gas, but not much. When regassing, there is a chart for each application to show how much gas and oil to use. If you have an oil leak which drips, I would suspect something else such as cam cover gasket. The A/C pump could leak both gas and oil, and show a little damp patch, but not to the point of dripping.

Reactions: proinsias

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its leaking very small amounts, i think in the 7 days between spotting it and the car being checked (today) there were 3 small drips.

alfa inspected the car today and that was their conclusion, its covered by warranty though

·
Registered
198 Posts
If the aircon system is leaking the PAG oil, it most certainly would have lost all the refridgerant also. So if aircon is working its not a leak from the aircon system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts