Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week when the sun came out I found that my Aircon was non functioning. :( So today an Aircon mobile expert came round to sort it (I hoped). He fixed up his machine to extract the old gas only to find the system empty :mad: It had been dyed in the past so we looked for leaks , none eveident. The previous owner (preOct08) claimed it worked fine , not easy to check in October but I thought it did. The system was then vacuum checked , no problems , held a 1atm vacuum. The system was filled and we started the car leaving it for a few minutes to allow the gas to spread before turning on. :( Still no aircon but the relay switched and the revs changed. The fuse in the main fuse box was OK too ! We then bipassed the relay and low pressure switch by supplying power direct to the compressor :) we had aircon so looked like the radiator and compressor are OK.

Is there another fuse for the compressor ? How easy is it to change the low pressure switch ? Is there another likely source of the problem ?

Thanks Richard

1 - 1 of 1 Posts