Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, one more thing cropped up today, the dealer I bought my GTV V6 from had the aircon re-gassed, but had to delay the sale for one day as there was a leak in the system that needed fixing.

As I drove the car home this afternoon, I was quite unimpressed with the level of 'cool' coming from the vents..... is this a normal thing? It was just enough to take the bite out of the 80 degree temps here in the Czech Republic, but only just....

My wife's '01 Picasso has air con that would make a penguin shiver.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
My aircon was poor but is now freezing coldhaving had it re-gassed. If it is still warm there may be a leak that they didnt find.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
80 degrees Fahrenheit I take it! It may well have another leak. Is it a/c or climate control? I ask as if it is climate control it will step down the cold air being mixed when the interior temperature is close to that which you've set.
I would say the climate control in mine works fine after 7 years; having said that I'm probably tempting providence!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it is A/C..... I will probably have it checked again at some point soon.

Yep, 80F here in CZ, but I am off back to the UK for a week tomorrow, so I gather the weather is not so good there.......

·
Registered
77 Posts
No, it is A/C..... I will probably have it checked again at some point soon.

Yep, 80F here in CZ, but I am off back to the UK for a week tomorrow, so I gather the weather is not so good there.......
Try to change the hot/cold valve that is located upon the heater matrix.It is made from plastic and gradually loses its ability to separate hot from cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts