Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

New to this forum...so excuse all my stupid questions. I drive a GT 3.2 that I picked up second hand. Wicked car!!! Went on a long drive the other day and suddenly water started leaking in to the passenger side. Lots of water! Apparently the drainage pipe is blocked? Question is...can I fix it myself...or do I have to take it to a dealer? If so..where is this pipe?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Don't know but I'm going to be studying this thread intensely, been searching for one on our 147 for quite some time. Haven't had water flooding yet, but there's a very unpleasant mouldy odour from the thing when the fan's on. I took the flyscreen off (plastic bit below the screen) recently. There's a drain back into the engine bay from there for rain water. There has to be another for the condensate from the AC evaporator inside the heater body, but darned if I can find it!

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
My GTA had this, passenger side footwell (on my rhd GTA) like a swimming pool. Think it will be difficult, mine was a dashboard out job!:(

Still, its ok now:)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Some of the more experienced guys out there have covered this one before. Believe they indicated the drain is accessed after taking out the A/C filters, then poking through same with stiff wire,(coathanger?) Then again someone made reference to 'chopping' the black shiny sound deadening material away after pulling back the carpet. Think it referred to a 147, but not sure. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Filter access is through the passenger footwell, but I dont know where the drain is - I am too big at 5'8'' to get the filters out without grief!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts