Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned the other week, the aircon on the 147 has gone, where the fan cowling has cut thru the rubber on the low-pressure return hose.

Wasn't a massive problem as the car isn't being used too much right now. However, we're going to France for 2 weeks tomorrow night, and were supposed to be going on the bike. The problem is, tho, that the bike was in for some pretty major suspension work, and the parts only arrived on Friday, so there's no chance it'll be finished in time for the trip.

Booked the car onto the ferry, but now have the problem of the broken aircon, as i don't fancy driving about France in 30+ temperatures, in what amounts to a mobile greenhouse.

One chopped up drinks can, jubilee clip and some instant-gasket later, it seems to be holding pressure. At least it was last night. I'll check it again this evening, and see if it's still all cool.

Fingers crossed. :|

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is there any chance you can supply some pics as im curious to know if you have the same hose as myself on my 2.0 selespeed, i have the exact same issue but can't seem to source the right part number.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any chance you can supply some pics as im curious to know if you have the same hose as myself on my 2.0 selespeed, i have the exact same issue but can't seem to source the right part number.
I'll be looking at it tonight to see if the fix has held, so I'll try and snap a couple of pics while I'm at it (if I remember)

Runs from the top of the pump, out the right hand side, and then goes down below, and to the left. It looks like the top of the hose where it meets the pump, and has the valve, is all one piece.

a

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't work :(

pinhole leak under the aluminium. It's holding more pressure than it used to, so I at least get cooled air when driving at around 50+, but other than that, it's dead.

another thing to get fixed when we get home then :|

a

1 - 6 of 6 Posts