Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me with the airbag reset on my 147.
The MOT is due and I need to get it off, can anyone recommend a garage who would do it cheap:cry:
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've got the free version of multiecuscan, not sure if it will reset the light but we can give it a go if you need to. :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I've got the free version of multiecuscan, not sure if it will reset the light but we can give it a go if you need to. :)
Yes, the free version will reset the light, as long as you have the correct cable to connect to the airbag module. Post 2004 cars will reset themselves once the fault has been fixed.

·
Registered
455 Posts
tis funny, ive had my airbag light on for a couple of weeks now,and as I drove off the A1 to goto QSP to get the GT tested, I pulled over and thought I would try and jiggle the wires under the seat,and it worked!!!

passed the test with a few advisories.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
tis funny, ive had my airbag light on for a couple of weeks now,and as I drove off the A1 to goto QSP to get the GT tested, I pulled over and thought I would try and jiggle the wires under the seat,and it worked!!!

passed the test with a few advisories.:thumbs:
That's the usual culprit. It's a good idea to separate the connector, spray it with some electrical contact cleaner, reconnect it and secure the two halves of the connector with a cable tie, the problem won't arise again. Full instructions in the link I posted above...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Seamus thanks for the kind offer, where abouts are you and when would you like to try it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Failed! :mad::rant::mad:
After much frustration then a little research we realised that elm327 cables will not connect to airbag modules.
Schoolboy error!
Sorry mate.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
After much frustration then a little research we realised that elm327 cables will not connect to airbag modules.
Schoolboy error!
Sorry mate.
Did you not read the link I posted to the sticky in the 'how to' part of this lounge?
You need a modified KKL lead or the correct adapter to connect to the airbag module.

Theres links in the sticky on where to get them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Schoolboy error!
Sorry mate.
Hi Shaun, I managed to get it the light off yesterday.
The lads that do my work on the BM did it no problem.
Thanks again for your help though:thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts