Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for anyone with their airbag warning light on wanting to turn it off - you need to disconnect the CODE ECU!

I had a set of the modified cables for a while and always connected to engine ECU via Multiecuscan or Alfaobd no problem. My airbag light came on after the passenger seat was moved whilst the ignition was one - common problem. However I could not connect to the airbag ECU despite all best efforts but as I could connect to the engine and ABS ECUs the interface and port settings had to be ok. I was most frustrated as my Spider has its MOT on Friday and should pass (except for airbag light).

Anyway read loads of posts but in this one below Steve_street mentioned disconnecting the CODE ECU and..... it worked with both the antennae and main plugs disconnected from the CODE ECU. Had 3 airbag error codes which were cleared and no airbag light. Hurray! Another success from the forum. Thanks guys

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...other-bloody-ecu-obd-airbag-reset-thread.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts