Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow Brera enthusiasts!

I just bought a Brera, and I'm trying to figure out if this is supposed to happen:

When I start my car, the amber "passenger front airbag disabled light" lights up for 4 seconds, then blinks for 4 seconds, and then turns off. I read in the manual that this is supposed to happen, to indicate it is working. What I could not read about was the three consecutive beep--beep-beep I'm hearing while the amber light is blinking. It looks and sounds like this:

Brera start - YouTube (It's pretty low-volume, turn the volume up.)

This is me starting my Brera. Is the sound supposed to be there?

P.S. Nevermind the brake light failure, I just need to get around to replacing it, which I just read is exceedingly difficult!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Looks normal Airbag visual startup. What you're hearing is the warning sound to draw your attention to the display because you have a fault. The fault is the BULB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks normal Airbag visual startup. What you're hearing is the warning sound to draw your attention to the display because you have a fault. The fault is the BULB.
Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not that. I just replaced the bulb, and the bulb fault warning is gone, but the triple beep is still there, just like it was before the bulb went.

P.S. In other news I discovered today that my front passenger side rim is cracked, and will need to be replaced, as well as the tire. Ouch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts