Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi alfa gt 2005 airbag light was flickering intermitantly now on all time went under both seats pulled apart sprayed contact cleaner still lights up only happened recently owned car five years never a problem anywhere else cables join together due MOT soon has side curtain bags any other connectors to try or the control unit if so where is that ? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Sometimes you need to clear the codes yourself with software. A simple repair of the fault and re connecting the battery does not always work to clear stored codes.

Best get the codes read anyway. Take a note of the codes/description. Clear the codes and see if they come back after 4 or 5 trips in the car.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Side curtain airbags cables are in the boot, the one on the driver's side used to give me issues. It's behind one of the trim panels.

You really need to plug the car into something to tell you exactly is giving you issues yes or you'll just be chasing shadows around all day long.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i looked on the passenger side could,nt see anything just 2 connectors along side the detonator..what a pain to take apart all boot lining..garage said passenger side somwher as car was in for mot so i need to get it fixed..

·
Registered
726 Posts
Not sure what car you have, but in my 156 there is a small plastic panel that is fixed with one screw in the boot. Behind that were the curtain airbag connectors for me. Even then the boot linings are pretty basic in sedans so they come apart easily. Hatches and wagons are finished to a slightly higher standard.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got codes read passenger airbag squib high value?? is that the seat or curtain does,nt really say whats most probable issue fix.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
got codes read passenger airbag squib high value?? is that the seat or curtain doesn't really say what's most probable issue fix.
I would have thought that would be the main airbag in the dash.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've had the same problem for years with my 147, and solved it simply by changing the plugs under the driver's seat. If you search you will find a tutorial with pictures I posted about 1 month ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ye im going to look into that might cut them off solder them all up seems to a resistance issue sometimes..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts