Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads,
Hope someone can help me out with this one. My 1.8 8v '95. has been steadily losing power for the last forthnight. I feel its probably a loose rubber sleeve between the engine and the air manifold. It nearly pushed itself off completely on Tuesday night and sent the RPM's crazy and started backfiring.
I intend to replace all four of the rubber sleeves, I think they may also be cracked.
Can anyone tell me how to remove the air manifold box "Twinspark" as it seems to be fixed from underneath.
Cheers,
Dermot.

M

·
0 Posts
Haven't done it on the 155, but on the 75 TS (same engine), the manifold is bolted onto a support stand. You get to the bolts from underneath. Think it might be a 13mm spanner needed (or a 10mm :confused: ). Once the bolts are undone, it is a case of brute force removing the box from the rubbers if I remember correctly. I did this a while back so can't remember exactly. Oh yeah, remember to remove/disconnect all the other bits like throttle cable/vacuum hoses etc.

Marlon

C

·
0 Posts
I had to take it off on mine last week. Its a 16 valver but it sounds like a similar job. There were two 15mm bolts in the centre of the manifold which connected it to a stay from the engine block. These were as tight as witch's knickers and I couldn't undo them(ended up using a 2ft breaker bar on them). I had to tke the stay off with the manifold. There were also two 13mm bolts on the underside of the manifold at either end directly underneath the fuel injection rail. Took off the assoiated clips and hoses and Bobs yer mother's brother. Oh took off the throttle butterfly before I started too. Got away without having to re-new the gasket.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Lads,
I though as much. Had a quick look at it last night - looked like a pig of a job to get it off, just hoped there was something I was missing.
Marlon did you have to remove the one on the 75 for a similiar problem?

Dermot

M

·
0 Posts
I took the one off the 75 'cos I needed to change the head gasket.

Marlon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts