Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to mount an water injection system to my wide body Q4 of '95 and I have a "problem".

The 1st series Q4 had a similar system that was activated by a pressure-switch when the boost was at 0.7 bar!

I intend to use an electronic thermostat instead of the original pres.switch and in order to calibrate it it will be very helpfull to me to know the air intake temperature range {mostly the maximum air temp} that the I.A.W. can tollerate {alterating the fuel injection time} through the authentic "air temperature sensor".

P.S. The authentic air temp sensor is just a thermistor that gives different k Ohms from -30 to +80 degress Celcious. But which is the maximum temperature that this sensor send to the I.A.W. and makes it {the IAW} to react?
For example: The oxygen senson at 0.8 Volts give the sign of a rich mixture to the IAW the IAW alterate the fuel injection time in order to have the optimum air-fuel mixture.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MaxiBoost said:
This is the datasheet.
I mostly concern about the "maximum" temperature that the I.A.W. can "understand" and correct the fuelling.
I need to mount a water injection to the intercooler and guide the water pump by an air temp sensor, not by the turbo boost!
I do not think that I need to spray water at 0.7-0.8bar wher the air temp is just 0 degreess or so.

Cheers

Nick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts