Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just repaired the air intake on my phase 1 for the umpteenth time.... decided to try this stuff which just (!) fits around it in its un-shrunken state. Quick blast with a hot air gun and trim with a Stanley knife and hey presto...... should hopefully get a few more years out of it now. Unfortunately the ebay seller appears to have sold out but hopefully will re list soon ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261943014...49&var=560763201774&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Attachments

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Very clever, finding and applying that :)

Did you have to cut a slot to get it around the pipe that sticks out of the side? I imagine that heat shrink with a slot in it doesn't shrink properly, so I'd be interested to know how you got around this problem.

Cheers
-Alex

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I removed the plastic inner pipe from the oil breather and the heat shrink was just big enough to get the whole thing in by bending the rubber breather pipe a little. I then cut a small round hole halfway down to let the breather pipe through. If I did it again I think I would shrink it first (at least some of the way before cutting a hole to let the breather pipe out so the join around it was neater and less likely to leak air from there.

I have a spare air intake (which is also split on the bellows) so will order some more once they have it back in stock and see if I can get that to work.

The heatshrink is very strong and thick so I am hoping it will do the job better than the rubberised amalgamating tape I previously used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts