Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine has split on the corrugated flexible part of the pipe. This is obviously causing an air leak on intake and causing I think this is causing a little flat spot under acceleration around 4200rpm. I think this because the clip was loose where the pipe meets the plenum before and when I fitted a new jubilee clip it was cured.

Looking around it seems Alfa charge over £100 for the original part.

What do you guys think about these ones?

I've read some other forums where some of you guys have got rid of some of the resonator boxes. Is it worth buying some silicon hose from these guys..

Silicon hoses from Viper Performance

..and removing some the resonator pipes. I'm looking for a better induction noise anyway so this split pipe could be a blessing in disguise. If I remove some of the original system does this affect the MAF?

What piping would I need to buy.

Your input is appreciated. :thumbs:

P

·
0 Posts
So am i right in thinking I need 2x 90degree 76mm pipes and 1x 45 degree 76mm pipe + a breather filter?
Yup you are :) If I remember rightly I did mine with no straight pipe pieces. I found it cheaper to buy elbows with straight section after the bend so I could cut it back.
I also purchased a straight metal section to clamp to.

Hopefully this pic is better quality

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I come off the Throttlebody at 60degrees then use this T Piece<br>Silicone Hose from Viper Performance to connect the breather then a 90degree to the filter would that work? Also, excuse my ignorance, but what do you do to join them together? is there a pipe that goes inside where the 2 hoses meet and then just stainless steel clips to hold them together?

P

·
0 Posts
I used two 90s and a 45, and yes I joined them with a specific metal pipe and clips. Got
Mine on eBay. Can't say whether your 60 degree will work. Perhaps get the dimensions and cut some card out? Bit old school but will work :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
i recognise that picture :) those big clamps were rubbish (and expensive), remember to get bigger jubilee clips than the size of the pipe, i had to replace all the ones i ordered because they would not stretch far enough around. the silicone is thick so the OD is much bigger than the ID.

here's how it looks now.

also to the original poster, i have my old intake original pipe in perfect condition, if you dont fancy doing this, then you can have it for £40. send me a pm if interested.

P

·
0 Posts
That photo is of my setup. I must admit I did base it on yours. I really like the clamps. I think they work well. I had to look around for the correct size though

·
Registered
709 Posts
oh really, sorry paul, looked identical, it even looks like you couldn't get the pins through the clamps like me.

·
Registered
709 Posts
bit of pipe and a mini filter on the end. shouldn't be a problem for mot, hopefully they wont even notice it. got one coming up soon so will report back if it does.

P

·
0 Posts
:) no worries, I went the next size up and the clips worked a treat. I did use yours as a template though.

I used a self cutting t piece for the breather pipe instead of the filter route.

P

·
0 Posts
Actually that may be yours, I picked the wrong photo. Thats a photo of yours I used I work from. I will log on my pc and post a photo of mine... Doh!

·
Registered
709 Posts
:) no worries, I went the next size up and the clips worked a treat. I did use yours as a template though.

I used a self cutting t piece for the breather pipe instead of the filter route.
hmm, are you sure it's not my picture then? i can see the mini filter in it, sticking out just under the intake pipe.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts