Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I used to use Pipercross on my Punto GT many many many years ago, they are not (or didn't used to be) oiled like the K&N ones ergo there wasn't any issues with them with regard to MAF's

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've got one in my Brera. It's the 3rd filter I tried until I was happy with the results. Sounds good (a bit more noise, but not like a boy racer) and pickup seems a little bit quicker.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I used to use Pipercross on my Punto GT many many many years ago, they are not (or didn't used to be) oiled like the K&N ones ergo there wasn't any issues with them with regard to MAF's
I had a Pipercross panel about 10 years ago in my Calibra and that was oiled with their filter oil?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got one in my Brera. It's the 3rd filter I tried until I was happy with the results. Sounds good (a bit more noise, but not like a boy racer) and pickup seems a little bit quicker.
That's good to know. What were the other two filters you tired?

·
Registered
542 Posts
This one is defiantly dry.
Type in pipercross filter oil into google, you'll find many people having the same discussions, I wouldn't dare use one of these with out the oil, wouldn't be much of a filter. Stick to BMC or K&N as they are nearer to the original but less restrictive. The oil is part of the filter as its sticky and gives a light film that attracts the dirt. But each to their own.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Type in pipercross filter oil into google, you'll find many people having the same discussions, I wouldn't dare use one of these with out the oil, wouldn't be much of a filter. Stick to BMC or K&N as they are nearer to the original but less restrictive. The oil is part of the filter as its sticky and gives a light film that attracts the dirt. But each to their own.
Oh why is nothing simple :rolleyes:

It does seem like this one isn't meant to be oiled, its very dense foam. Maybe some other pipercross filters are, but not this one. As Autodelta and Alfaholics sell them like this I think I will leave it as it is.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Yes do. It quite clearly is not supposed to be oiled.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh why is nothing simple :rolleyes:

It does seem like this one isn't meant to be oiled, its very dense foam. Maybe some other pipercross filters are, but not this one. As Autodelta and Alfaholics sell them like this I think I will leave it as it is.
I've had one of these in my V6 for about 3 years - unoiled. I originally bought it after a garage incorrectly put in a standard air filter for a twinspark which doesn't fill the housing in the V6, leading to the premature death of the airflow meter. I replaced the airflow meter when I started using the Alfaholics filter and have had no problems since. My GTV is used sparingly during the summer months only. I just ask that the filter is blown through during servicing.

Does it sound any different? Hard to say. Does it go any faster? Probably not :biglaugh:. That the airflow meter seems happy is a good result though. Again, it's from Alfaholics who I trust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts