Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys here,s youre next test .I,m planning to fit a cone type filter but i,m confused.An induction kit costs around 80 quid but a clamp on filter costs about 30 quid.The only difference i can see is a bracket that bolts to the air meter.50 quid for this i think not.What do you reckon.Regards Shug

·
Registered
447 Posts
The induction kit includes a replacement tube from air meter to injection, if we are talking about K&N

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shug, pipercross do the bracket for clamping cone filters to the AFM and guess what..........it costs £45 !!!!!
What a con if you ask me..........

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HIguys

I could make a bracket from stainless from the afm to the filter and can get a G Max cone for 35 quid,this seems to be my plan unless anyone got a better idea.What about the cold air feed is it really needed

regards shug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't use a G Max cone (you getting it from Essport ???)
I put a G Max cone on my wifes Fiat and the nice chrome on it rusted in about a month. Also tried the same cone on my old car. Made no difference except made the car sound horrible.
You might be better paying a bit more and getting a universal Green Cotton/K&N/Pipercross filter etc. If you make your stainless steel bracket longer and bend it into the area left by the removal of the original airbox, you wont need a cold air feed as you'll get plenty from the vents in the wheelarch liners.

Marlon

PS. If you do make a bracket, I might offer you dosh to make me one so I can use me huge Green Cotton Filter (I think they're better than K&N)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Marlon

Where is the best place to look for prices etc as no one seems to stock k+n or pipercross and i,ve never heard of this green thing.
I,ll make a bracket for you no problem.
It could be tricky as i dont know the dimensions of the filter or the space once the air box is removed.The way i was going to do it was trial and error.It would have to be the same filter to make two the same but i,m sure we can work it out

eek!

Regards shug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shug,

I'll bring a Demon Tweeks catalogue to Falkland.

You can also try www.needforspeed.co.uk
I have some other catalogues I'll try and look out for you.

Cheers for the offer of the clamp, we'll hopefully work something out :)

Marlon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts