Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Green induction kit 2 weeks after I bought my car(as K&N didnt list one) for my 1995 V6, the acceleration was improved a lot, although the original was quite dirty. The induction noise is terrific, however it felt like it was running lean in the midrange and the car would snatch or even kangaroo if I rolled off the throttle then accelerated again. I ordered and fitted (30mins) the Squadra chip and the difference was amazing, smoother tickover, snatching gone, far more midrange and a bit extra at the top end. Since fitting it I have been able to out accelerate a new MR2 from a standing start to 100+mph. Also to drive right around a Rover Tomcat who was trying really hard on a long sweeping bend. can only say I'm really impressed & happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Bren,

Thanks, you've just made one already happy V6 owner into an even happier one!
I too have a '95 V6, and i will soon have exactly the same setup as you!

I have the same green induction kit.
...And i will soon be taking delivery of one Squadra chip!
I haven't experienced the same problem that you had with your green induction kit, but overall the results are great on mine too. With that induction roar enhancing the already glorious V6 on song, not to mention a reasonable increase in response.

It's also great to hear good results from someone using the Squadra chip on a V6.
If you've read the other related topics on this matter, you'll see that the 'chip' subject was debated for some time!
So thanks for that, and helping to put my mind at ease before my upcoming delivery. Which i now wish would arrive even sooner!

Regards,

A.H

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,

Looks like I'll get the Squadra chip and the induction kit as well.

Now what do you recommend for exhaust? I was thinking of a custom made 2.25", mandrel bent with no cat and 2 mufflers.

Zamani
'96 155 V6 (55,000km)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Agree with Alfaowner. Lots of resonance and back pressures etc in a 155. Custom ones can be very noisy. I know, I have one!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go with the Supersprint exhaust I put one on my 155, twin oval dtm pipes and its just right.Demon Tweeks supplied it.
joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello.!
I installed squadra-chip yesterday and the results are great.I already have JR-panel filter and now i'm waiting Zender exhaust manifold, i also ordered a Remus rear muffler.
What would be the best way to replace CAT,straight pipe or some silencer.? :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone know where to get one of these Green induction kits? And what others are available for V6's?

wrinx

·
Registered
15 Posts
i can't find the Green Inductionkit at either Halfords or Daemnon tweeks ???

Pls help since I need to order one for mu 155 V6

Thx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So does this Green filter kit we're talking about have the part number P251? I recall there was some confusion a while ago whether this was actually meant for the 156's V6 (something to do with the Demon Tweeks catalogue listing it as being 190hp which caused some among us to cream our pants at the thought of getting an extra 24 27hp merely from an induction kit). Demon Tweeks has it in their 2001 catalogue anyway - at £73.90.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone have a 156 V6 (the 190bhp 2.5) AND a 155 (the donkey 163bhp engine)?

They may well be exactly the same, only Green will only know about the engine they actually developed the kit for.

Ralf S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, they've gone up a bit!

P182 1.8 16v £72.95 €117.04 $106.20
P201 1.9 turbodiesel £84.50 €135.57 $123.02
P251 2.5 V6 (190bhp) £88.50 €141.99 $128.84

Why no 2.0 16v, presumably it is the same as the 1.8??

For the V6's.............a twin cone!!
2.5 V6 (190bhp) £105.90 €169.90 $154.17

All plus VAT!

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I replaced the K&N cone filter (part of 57i kit)on my car with a HUGE Green Twin Cone filter (rated for engines up to 240BHP). The difference was noticeable. Green filter gives more of a sharp snarl as opposed to the K&N's roar (I think the Green sounds better).
Also because the filter area is bigger, the car seems to rev more freely in high gears at high revs. The car also seems to pull a bit better lower down.
The Green filter looks better and isn't as oily and doesn't get as mucky as the K&N. I had my K&N on for 4 months and it looks knackered. The Green filter is a universal one I bought for my last car so has been used for about a year already and is still clean. The dirt brushes or blows off easily. The K&N's oil makes all the crap stick and it looks really messy with squashed flies/bees/wasps and whatever else has come up the rampipe.

So there !!

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting, the Green website doesn't list a filter for the 2.5 V6 for the 156 at all. As far as I'm aware this is the only brand of induction kit I've seen that caters for the 155 V6 as well. Tell me, is it a straight-forward bolt-on or is there still some modifying needed?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is pretty straight forward. The airbox is removed. A bracket is fitted to the AFM to allow fitment of the cone filter and you'll get a shorter and smoother pipe from the AFM to the throttle body. You may have to get a smaller battery as the AFM position is changed.

Marlon

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Apparently the Green filter is not available for the 156 2.5 v6 as it is not rated at a high enough flow for the larger engine.

Hey, its what I`m told - please, no flames about the massive flow of your 2.0v chipped deisel, *D`oh!*, I mean 16v. :D :D

(I love teasing 16v - mainly cos I aint got one)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts