Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to add a new filter, i guess a k&n is the one to go for. any reccomendations on where to get one? are they easy enough to fit? cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've fitted a K&N Induction kit and am very happy with the results. The previous standard fit air filter was in for 40k plus as the previous owner never got the filter out of the housing due to the std bolts corroding. The K&N kit took about an hour to fit, and i was being lazy!! :) Throttle response is faster and is smooth as you like. I've a 16v 2.0L 155, the induction sounds are sweeeeeet! Nice roar through the gears. Was impressed how quiet it stays when cruising.

Recommeded! + It looks great! :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi hooler, welcome. Lots of new members recently :D

The induction kit debate has raged here before, end conclusion was that they didnt suit the 155. You seem to be enjoying yours though wink

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was playing with an induction kit last week. (k&N off a Pug 205 bodged to fit)Decided that it lost power low down but made a nice noise. Gone back to the original panel filter. I might try a perfomance panel next.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris, that is what I found aswell. As Wrinx said, this has been "debated" over and over. I now use a BMC panel from the AO shop with a re-routed cold air feed.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with Marlon....
K&N panel and route up some piping to feed the intake ......
But for real throttle response a tank full of super unleaded on an icy cold morning .............NOW YOU'RE TALKING !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have just fitted a K&N panel filter and have a question about drilling the air-box.
How many holes and what size is recommended for the best results???.
I am just waiting for my Raggazon rear box (ordered last week from Alfaowner).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.