Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one got any tips on changing the air filter on a 2.0 twinspark i have started squirted all the bolts for removel last night with some penetrating spay and again this morning then tried to remove the first bolt snapped it straight away grrrrr:mad: and i imagine this will happen on the rest :rolleyes: i guess am not the only one this as happend to lol b4 i snap the rest off :lol: will i be able to get the rest of the thread out whith Plyiers:confused: i am finding out very quickly nothing is simple on these car's but still love it:lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Try doing it up slightly first. Always helps me free up stuck screws/bolts. Depends how far it is broken off. You may have to drill it out carefully :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try doing it up slightly first. Always helps me free up stuck screws/bolts. Depends how far it is broken off. You may have to drill it out carefully :(
yes i tried that didnt work the bolt seems really soft dont no why the just didnt fit clips to the top :confused: would have been a 5 min job :rolleyes: looks like i will have to take the box out and maybe gently heat up the the brass thread till it comes out then get in the vice and warm it up again and try and get the rest of the bolt thread out with pliers then glue the brass thread back in place :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Tell me about it. I put hex head bolts back in mine instead

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me about it. I put hex head bolts back in mine instead
i would like to meet the guy who designed the outside of the car and shake him by the hand on a good job then i would turn to the guy who designed the layout of the engine bay and give him a swift kick to the ollies and shout whyyyyyyyyy!!!:mad: am dreading the the alternator packing up its buried in middle earth god knows how you do that!!! :lol: then you step back from the car look at it and all well again:)

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
If whoever had the airfilter bolts out last (if they have ever been out...) didn't apply CoppaSlip to the threads and around the head of the bolts, they will be seized and will snap.

Just poor quality fixings.
You will find a lot of that on the car.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
i would like to meet the guy who designed the outside of the car and shake him by the hand on a good job then i would turn to the guy who designed the layout of the engine bay and give him a swift kick to the ollies and shout whyyyyyyyyy!!!:mad: am dreading the the alternator packing up its buried in middle earth god knows how you do that!!! :lol: then you step back from the car look at it and all well again:)
Try doing it on a GTA:cry:

If whoever had the airfilter bolts out last (if they have ever been out...) didn't apply CoppaSlip to the threads and around the head of the bolts, they will be seized and will snap.

Agreed

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Check this out on 156.net:

Air box

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i doubt its ever been off by the looks of things :rolleyes: prob a family of mice in there :lol: ah well gives me something to do tomoz on my day off:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts