Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the filter and after changing the oil and filter the other day set about the air filter. It looks long winded to change. I can't see an obvious set of clips, just a strap and screws. It also looks like a spigot on the underside.

I will have a look in the electronic manual tonight but thought I would ask in case :)

M

·
0 Posts
Undo the bolt that holds the strap to the resonator above the gearbox, undo the L-shaped pipe that goes to the AFM, undo the 3 big Phillips screws on top of the airbox and lift it up. Inside you will find the filter.

10 minutes Dude ;)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I have a good condition airbox going spare if anyone wants it for a little pocket money... fitted a cheap "cone filter" on mine :)

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Undo the bolt that holds the strap to the resonator above the gearbox, undo the L-shaped pipe that goes to the AFM, undo the 3 big Phillips screws on top of the airbox and lift it up. Inside you will find the filter.

10 minutes Dude ;)
Cheers, couple of reasons I asked. The cir-clip on the L shaped hose looked like the type that was pressed and not re-usable, so to me it suggested that was not the obvious route. It isn't I just unclipped it :D. Secondly I will need 3 new screws on the top of the resonator mine are rusted on the head and no longer cross head it seems :( (I assume they are cross head?).

M

·
0 Posts
Well grip the screw heads with mole grips or plumbers grips to undo them. Done that a fair few times over the years on Alfa airboxes !!!

Also the clip is reusable. I use a small pair of plumbers grips to pull it together again. A pain the first few times, but now I can do them in a few seconds. To unclip it, just insert a small screwdriver in the end bit and flip it up.

Or you could replace it with a proper hose clip ;)

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do the mole grips to get them out but will replace them.
A jubilee clip too :) :thumbs:

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Filter done, cheers Marlon. Those screws are weird as they appear to be sleeved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts