Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have an alfa 156 2.0 ts 2000 model, the air con doesnt work properly, are there common faults i dont know about, the compressor works intermittantly, clicks on/off/on/off when i try to drive the car.
I have unplugged the comp. for now, sometimes on idle it will run perfect, as soon as i pull away - click click, the car kangaroos.
car is fully gassed, no leaks, compressor works, there is some issue only when the car moves -when you come off clutch.
saying that sometimes the compressor doesnt click in on idle, could this all be down to pressure switch?? any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone:cry:

·
Registered
517 Posts
hi mate my aircon never gave me could air till today dident have the same proublem as you but worth a look the pollen filter was pretty s**ty repaced it and i was well in pressed with the diffrence.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This reads the same symptoms as mine..............and was diagnosed as a faulty trinary pressure switch..........the low pressure sensor incorrectly detects low pressure in the gas and engages the compressor and rad fans to increase the gas pressure and hence the heatload capability. The high pressure sensor then correctly detects high pressure and switches off the compressor and fans..........and then the cycle repeats itself. A PITA.

Dealer part only it seems. Have yet to determine the price and delivery.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers stu v6 i will check that out, hopefully it is that so i can get the system functioning properly again, i will let you now the outcome, thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

I also have an air con problem. The heating works perfect but when the hot weather comes and i turn the temperature down to low it just never really gets cold. It just blows air around the car. Ant ideas would be much appreciated?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Hi Guys,

I also have an air con problem. The heating works perfect but when the hot weather comes and i turn the temperature down to low it just never really gets cold. It just blows air around the car. Ant ideas would be much appreciated?
Yes get it regassed

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
^^only 2.5 months late :p

:elaugh:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I guess it depends where you live...

My air-con worked for a week in march when it was hot. Since then not needed it :(

One thing I have noticed is for the 'blower' to work I have to switch the fan control off and then into auto mode. Maybe try that?

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Never worked well on mine (GT) The Fez and the Spider (both old) work bloody great but not the (new, relatively speaking) GT. Booked in for a regas tonight.

Kwik-Fit had no info on capacities/oil spec, so a no go. It was completely empty of gas though. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts