Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Don't know if this has been covered before but I've noticed that about 3 times now I have been driving my 159 and all of a sudden the air con turns on without touching it. Anyone else experience this? Is it some sort of bug?

·
Registered
157 Posts
This happens on mine too, if I manually switch it off, it will switch itself back on.
I think it does it automatically if it detects there is too much moisture in the cabin.
Though in saying that, mine will also switch on during a sunny day at motorway speeds with a relatively low outside temp (say around 10 degrees C).
I put it down to an Alfa 'quirk' and leave it set on 'Full Auto' all the time with AC on to get around the problem!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, the sensor which I think is the device on the windsreen up near the mirror, decides that the moisture level will allow the screen to fog up and switches on the aircon
Resistance is useless, just let it do its own thing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys, I think you are right. Today I had my girlfriend in the car with me and the inside got hot (not by doing anything too interesting ;)) while the outside temp was quite cool. The thing turned itself on 3 times when the screen was getting a bit foggy. I guess the car is too clever!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Only Alfa would distinguish between "auto" and "full auto"!! :lol:

·
Registered
924 Posts
I too thought it was a "feature" of leaving it on Auto and not Full Auto. It'd switch off recirculation suddenly and start blasting away. Kept pressing the Auto button thinking I could switch it to full manual of some sort! :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts