Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

How do you get the air con vents off? the round style ones. I'm absolutely crap at doing anything with the interior haha

Thanks

·
Registered
822 Posts
I need to get one of my rear ones off as one of the kids kicked it and a flap got swallowedinto the ducting. I too wonder if there is a 'trick'. I guess they will prise out but obviously lots of scope for damaging the housing.

Keith

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the exact same problem! Mine in the back has been kicked in. But I'm using it as an excuse to change all of them for ones with the silver ring from the facelift models. They're heaps cheap and just add that tiny little bit of extra look.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Kids eh!! Are they cheap sourced from Alfa? I was hoping to fish the flap out of the ducting and reattach. I have the silver ones already :)

Keith

·
Registered
4 Posts
my rear vent broke as well,tried pulling as suggested in other threads but it feels as if it's going to break so is it a case of removing housing first?:confused:

·
Registered
121 Posts
rear vents

Had same trouble,they will lever/pull out,you need to remove the complete housing of the vent.Protect the surrounding surface.You will probably find that internal parts will have broken/snapped off.So replacements needed!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well, mine is now fixed so thanks to the link for replacements from Autolusso. Its looks near impossible to get the whole thing out in one go without breaking it unless attacking it from inside the duct and I didn't fancy major dismantling. Basically, the outer body is a tight push fit into the plastic duct thing and there is nothing to lever against to get it out. The only thing you can attack is the inner body (ie the bit that turns) and this will prise out of the outer body. It is connected to the inside flap (fixed to the outer body) by a rod that will unclip (or break depending how brutal you are). Once the inner bit is out it is then possible to use a screw driver to lever the outer body away from the duct. New one will just pop straight in.

Keith

·
Vendor
46,137 Posts
Or how we do it on breakers - stab through the dashboard with a big flat blade screwdriver and use it to lever the outer part out without disturbing the fragile inner..

Not recommended on your pride and joy :lol:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Or how we do it on breakers - stab through the dashboard with a big flat blade screwdriver and use it to lever the outer part out without disturbing the fragile inner..

Not recommended on your pride and joy :lol:
Wondered how you did it :lol:

Thanks for the cracking fast delivery!

Keith

1 - 10 of 10 Posts